October 2, 2012
“I AM INSPIRED BY THE MOUNTAINS. I HAVE SHAPED MY LIFE AROUND THE MOUNTAINS…” JEREMY JONES
Jeremy Jones is widely regarded as one of the best big mountain snowboarders in the world. Nine times voted “Best Big Mountain Rider of the Year” by Snowboarder Magazine and has starred in over fifty snowboard movies worldwide, including 2010’s “Deeper”. Jeremy was named “2010 Action Sports Athlete of the Year” at X Dance and is the Founder and CEO of Jones Snowboards. Jeremy also founded Protect Our Winters to unite the winter sports community against climate change. Jeremy has appeared frequently in worldwide media including Outside Magazine and TV, Men’s Journal, ESPN, Fox News, NBC and National Geographic. Last weekend in Aspen, CO at #TheMeeting8, Jeremy introduced his new film Further. Everyone turned out to see what Jeremy Jones put together.
Who are your sponsors? What model board do you ride?
As the owner of Jones Snowboards, I’m constantly evolving by testing new boards but my go-to board would have to be the Mission 161 or Flagship 161. Other sponsors: O’Neill, POC, Swatch, Cliff Bar, Contour, Sanuk, Karakorum, Now, Jones Snowboards
Q&A- Snapshot with Jeremy Jones:
1. The mountain I learned to ride on was: Stowe, VT when I was 9 years old
2. I can’t live without: The outdoors
3. My favorite food is: Raw Fish
4. When I’m not riding, you can find me: With my family in Truckee, CA or at the beach
5. My favorite movie of all time is without question: Big Wednesday
6. Who/What inspires you? I am inspired by the mountains. I have shaped my life around the mountains and they continue to inspire me.
a. Bands: Bob Dylan, Mumford & Sons, Damian Marley
b. Books: The Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv
c. Vacation Spots: The ocean; I grew up near the ocean. It balances me out.