A new category of AT boots devoted to pure downhill performance in the side-country
Williston, VT (February 22, 2011) — Garmont (www.garmontusa.com), the pioneering boot design team that started the freeride AT revolution has done it again.
Blending a radically superior internal chassis for pure downhill performance known as the PowerFrame with an unparalleled package of fit, features, and touring function, it’s clear that Garmont has gone far beyond merely setting a new standard. They’ve established an entirely new class of boots, blending superior alpine performance with full uphill capability.
“Garmont’s designers have once again redefined what’s possible in the world of freeride AT,” said Garmont president Gord Bailey. “They nailed it in 2005 with the category changing Adrenalin and they have done it again with the new freeride collection for winter 2011″The dealers coming back from the on-snow demo events have confirmed the unique power and performance of this new collection. There is clearly an unquenched demand in the market for a full performance alpine boot with AT capability. Garmont is pleased to be the first brand to answer that call.”
Engineered by industry legend Paul Parker and Garmont’s prominent development team, Garmont’s PowerFrame Freeride collection is led by the men’s Delirium ($799, 130 AT flex), women’s Asylum ($799, 120 AT flex). These boots serve up race-boot downhill performance, with exceptional ability to drive the biggest skis on the biggest terrain.
Both boots balance powerful performance technology with full touring capability, granting access to the most challenging lines. They are equally desirable for experienced alpine skiers seeking more comfort and versatility in their everyday freeriding.
Key features in both boots include:
- Anatomically-correct, comfortable, high-Performance fit: The last pairs a natural forefoot width for comfort with a snug, secure mid-foot and heel fit for solid edge control.
- High Overlap shell design eliminates the “dead spot” of traditional and restrictive “boot tongue”. The High Overlap generates instant contact for a progressive flex with remarkable leverage, delivering perfect power transfer to the medial mid-foot exactly where you need it to arc drive today’s big skis. The High Overlap and cuff cradle the foot and lower-leg comfortably and closely, generating a lightning -fast response
- Multi-injected insert construction uses select technical polymers for an exceptionally damp and solid alpine-boot feel. The lower shell is double-injected with a stiffer internal “pod” that secures your foot in solid comfort and links seamlessly to the outer frame for incredible leverage.
- Garmont’s EZFit Liner is the first true hybrid liner on the market, combining the out-of-the-box comfort and performance of a traditional liner with the made-to-measure customization of a 100%-thermoformable liner.
- Quick-Change sole sets are compatible with all 3 binding norms (TECH, ISO Alpine, ISO Touring), and can be changed in a flash. They are snapped securely into place and fixed with only three pozi-drive bolts per boot.
- Bomber Easy_ Magnesium Ski/Walk Mechanism has multiple forward lean positions that can be quickly and precisely adjusted.
- The sturdy Easy_ Ski/Walk Lever on the new Garmont freeride boots features an asymmetric and ergonomic design that’s easy to open and close with gloves.
- Lightweight, strong, elegant new Magnesium FR buckles
ABOUT GARMONT: Pushing the limits of perfo