Limited Opening Saturday, Nov. 22nd
When: Nov. 22, 2008
Where: Grand Targhee Resort
Contact: David Hudacsko firstname.lastname@example.org – 307.353.2300 x1317
Alta, WY (November 21, 2008) — Grand Targhee Resort opens for it’s 39th winter season on Saturday, November 22nd at 9am. “We are proud to be the first resort open in Wyoming, Idaho and Montana” says Marketing and Sales Director John Urdi. He continued to say, “Opening day will give everyone the chance to get their legs in shape and get warmed up for the season, others may just come to the resort to pick up their passes and Powder 8 Packs and catch the ski and snowboard movies in the Trap Bar.”
The Teton Valley’s recent snowfall and continued momentum from last winter’s 700 inches of powder have resort officials optimistic for another great season. This October and November’s storms dropped just enough snow on the west slope of the Tetons in the past couple of weeks to allow for the resort to open with the Shoshone lift.
”We are eager to showcase the great on-mountain improvements and food and beverage outlet renovations our guests will experience here this season, but most importantly we’ll be riding the lifts on Saturday the 22nd and that’s all we need to celebrate the start of another season at Grand Targhee,” said resort spokes person David Hudacsko.
With snow showers in the forecast for the Grand Targhee region this weekend, the opening day festivities should have an exciting atmosphere. Special events and parties include the Teton Gravity Research premiere at the Spud Drive-In (Fri, Nov. 21st), special aprs ski and snowboard film premieres at the Trap Bar on Saturday Nov. 22nd of each “My Own Two Feet” (a “Protect Our Winters” associated film featuring pro-snowboarder Jeremy Jones) and “600”” a Darrell Miller / Storm Show Studios film. Producers, cinematographers and athletes will be at the resort from all three movies on Saturday.
Anxious skiers and boarders are encouraged to check www.grandtarghee.com for up to date current conditions, lift status information and the new Trap Bar entertainment schedule.
WHAT’S NEW AT GRAND TARGHEE RESORT THIS SEASON:
Personnel & Partnerships
- New Partnership with “Protect Our Winters,” which is an environmental organization founded by pro-snowboarder Jeremy Jones. “POW” is a tax exempt, non-profit organization dedicated to reversing the global warming crisis by uniting the winter sports community and focusing collective efforts towards a common goal.
- New Sales and Marketing Director: John Urdi, recently of Colorado Ski Country and Attitash Resort, will lead the Targhee Marketing charge as the new Marketing & Sales Director
- New Sales Director: John Morgan, formerly of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort begins his tenure at Grand Targhee Resort
- Snow Cat Adventure Powder Reserve New improvements include two groomed trails within the area
- A New Restaurant at the base of the resort properly named the “Powder Mountain Pizza Company” (opening Nov. 28th) will provide families an additional location for a fun atmosphere to enjoy aprs ski time
- Snorkels Caf_ (Opening Dec. 12th) has received a facelift with several new