Seattle, WA (September 20, 2012) — Industry-leading ski manufacturer since 1962, K2 Skis, is pleased to announce a ground-breaking partnership with the world’s first and largest heli-skiing operator, CMH Heli-Skiing (CMH). These two ski industry icons have come together to unveil CMH K2: a revolutionary helicopter skiing operation that accesses the deep powder stashes of British Columbia’s famed Kootenay region. Based on a newly revamped lodge aptly named the CMH K2 Rotor Lodge in Nakusp, British Columbia, CMH K2 offers passionate skiers a wide range of K2 themed heli-ski experiences. As an added bonus, every heli-ski guest will receive a free pair of K2 skis, of their choice, to be home delivered before the start of the next winter season.
Destined to join legendary names like the Bugaboos, Cariboos and Monashees as a world renowned destination heli-ski area, CMH K2 will be offering a wide variety of heli-ski programs. Starting this 2012/13 season, programs range from K2 hosted athlete trips to ski testing with the K2 in-house design team.
Kicking off in January, K2’s most premier athletes will host individual heli-ski trips including:*
- Steep Shots and Pillow Drops– Learn from the best, in the best conditions.
- Athlete Ski Weeks– Perfectly sized groups for optimal group dynamics and plenty of fresh lines to be had by all.
- Film/Photography Workshop Week– Fine tune photo and film skills while capturing the most adrenaline-filled face shots to share with jealous friends at home.
- Feb. 4-9 with Pep Fujas
- Women’s Trip– One just for the ladies, where girls can be girls and get after it.
- Jan. 21-26 with Kim Reichhelm
* Each professional skier is committed to the trips as listed, but sometimes injuries or other circumstances may prevent their appearance on the trip. Should that occur, CMH K2 will do the very best to have another prominent K2 athlete attend the trip.
Following the K2 athlete trips are CMH K2 Demo Days that provide heli-skiers the opportunity to test a variety of unreleased 2013-2014 K2 powder skis. K2 designers will be on-hand to offer demos and receive feedback to take back to K2 headquarters and fine-tune the final product. In return for testing the prototypes in powder conditions, guests will earn a free pair of 2013-14 K2 Skis in Fall 2013 when the collection is released. Sessions are scheduled for March 4-7, March 7-10 and March 10-13. The cost for one session, including a pair of skis, starts at $3,800CAD/ $3,922USD. Space is limited to 24 skiers per trip.
“Partnering with CMH presents K2 with not only with a world-class winter playground to test powder skis in the most ideal waist deep conditions and endless terrain. But also our athletes and us to connect with a broad