SnowSports Industries America Launches New Award To Honor Paul Robbins
McLean, VA (October 8, 2008) — The vibrant, exciting snow sports industry recently lost a dedicated and talented journalist Paul Robbins. SnowSports Industries America (SIA) wants to recognize achievement in writing that tells the story of how innovation of equipment, apparel and accessories enhance the participants experience on the hill and trail. This new award Paul Robbins Award joins other esteemed SIA awards such as US and Canadian Retailer of the Year Awards and US and Canadian Reps of the Year Awards.
In partnership with NASJA (North American Snow Journalists Association), SIA launches the Paul Robbins Award for 2008.09 with the winners announced at the SIA.09 SnowSports Trade Show (January 27-30, 2009, Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV). Journalists utilizing the breadth and depth of SIA’s research (Model for Success, Intelligence Report, etc.) and information from suppliers and/or retailers to highlight equipment, apparel and accessories in the activity of snow sports should apply for this Award.
Criteria to apply for the Paul Robbins Award are:
- Applicant must be a member of NASJA in good standing
- Applicant must write about snow sports (ski, snowboard, snowshoe, tele, XC, pipe/park)
- Article must be published in a recognized consumer publication, print/electronic or online location.
- Article should reflect Award’s purpose: to recognize achievement in writing that tells the story of how innovation of equipment, apparel and accessories enhance the participants experience on the hill and trail.
- Must turn in articles for (previous season, current season) thirty (30) days prior to the Award deadline.
- Applicants can submit only one (1) article per year.
- Award winners and applicants can apply for the Award each year.
The deadline for journalists to turn in their application, which can be downloaded at snowsports.org/media center/Paul Robbins Award, is Friday, December 12, 2008.
What’s the winner get? $750 for first place, $500 for second place and $250 for third place.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact SIA at SIAawards@snowsports.org.
SnowSports Industries America (SIA) is a not-for-profit trade association whereby competing on-snow product suppliers magnify their power, by working together, for the development of the on-snow sports industry. For more information, check out snowsports.org. SnowSports Industries America, 8377-B Greensboro Drive, McLean, VA 22102-3587. Phone: 703.556.9020, Fax: 703.821.8276, E-mail: SIAmail@snowsports.org