Ortovox Adds New S1+ Avalanche Beacon To Arsenal
Faster, More Accurate, Easier to Use: The New S1+ and Enhanced 3+ Beacons
SALT LAKE CITY, UT (September 1, 2011) — Ortovox introduces the new S1+ and enhanced 3+ avalanche beacons for Fall/Winter 2011-12, further establishing Ortovox as the dominant leader in avalanche transceiver technology.
The S1+ comes into the fray as the fastest, most accurate, easiest to use beacon on the market. Building on the success of the S1, the S1+ utilizes the proven 3-antenna system for superior overall pinpoint accuracy and adds more sophisticated signal analysis and separation for the most user-friendly experience you can have, especially while under stressful conditions.
The S1+ is the number one beacon for enthusiasts and pros alike, thanks to its intuitive ease of use, which inspires confidence in users of all abilities, and updatable technologies that keep up with the state of the art rescue instrumentation.
Ortovox S1+ Technology & Benefits:
- Smart antenna technology: Analyzes orientation of transmitting antenna and automatically switches to best coupled antenna, eliminates vertical burial scenarios
- Multiple burial flagging and unflagging
- Sophisticated signal analysis and separation: Compatible with all transceivers, regardless of signal or pulse rates
- Longer Y-antenna for greater overall receiving range
- Streamlined LCD menu with fewer, yet more intuitive icons
- Easy-read graphic screen gives a more complete overview of the burial scenario
- Direction arrow now also points backward
- Better backward compatibility for older transceivers
- Makes your buddy’s older transceiver work better to find you faster
- 45 degree receiving system to accelerate finding non-Smart Antenna beacons in vertical burial orientation
Ortovox 3+ Technology & Benefits:
- Simultaneous indication of direction, distance and sound at maximum range
- Superior longer range
- Smart Antenna system
- 3-Antenna System
- Easy to use beacon checking device to evaluate your partners beacon
Best system in the US for updating beacon technology: FREE firmware upgrades: The Ortovox Up Box offers the user a more user-friendly, longer relationship with your preferred beacon. Available at Signature Ortovox dealers, the Up Box enables the user to update the firmware for free at their convenience. No fees, no long turn-around time. Picking a beacon that can stay with you for years allows a stronger bond and greater confidence when venturing into avalanche terrain.
Ortovox USA: www.ortovox.com
Ortovox USA Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ortovoxusa
Ortovox avalanche transceivers: www.ortovox.com/avalanche-transceivers