Award-winning retail innovation hits the road once again
Hood River, OR (September 22, 2014) – TREW, a manufacturer of style-inspired, technical backcountry and freeride outerwear and apparel, announces the launch of the TREW Tour 2014-2015. Last year, TREW renovated their 35-foot, Class-A motorhome, outfitted it as a full-on mobile store and toured the country. This innovation at retail earned TREW the Outdoor Industry Association’s “Reinvent Retail Innovation” award for 2013-14. “Ruth,” the TREW RV, will once again hit the road to spread the TREWth to old and new customers this fall and winter.
The mobile store pays tribute to TREW’s brand history. In 2008 in the first RV “HaRVey”, TREW set out to show the world that technical outerwear and apparel could be done differently. Seven years later, another TREW Tour officially launched from Doug’s Sports in Hood River, Oregon on September 12th, 2014. The #TREWTOUR will cover most of the USA, with stops planned in the Pacific Northwest, California, the Rocky Mountains, the Midwest, and New England. Partners like Honey Stinger, Deschutes Brewery, Skeena Heliskiing and VOKE TAB are bringing extra buzz to the 2014-15 TREW Tour.
“The mobile store showcases all of our new and flagship products,” said Tripp Frey, TREW president. “The goal again this year is to support our dealers and share the best of the brand with our customers.”
Like last year, the TREW Tour 2014-2015 has three goals:
- Support Dealers! The mobile store will spend 2-5 days at key retailers throughout the fall and winter. When camped out at dealer locations, ALL SALES will run through the store, even if the store does not have a particular garment in stock. It’s a win-win for dealers:
· Shops partake in a portion of all sales.
· Dealer’s staff is educated and fired up – An educated staff can make a big difference for a growing brand like TREW.
· Great brand exposure for dealers. “Ruth” gets noticed wherever she goes.
- Generate TREW brand awareness by simply being visible in core communities around the USA. The physical presence of the RV combined with targeted local media coverage will allow TREW to introduce the brand and product to new people every day.
- Create an exceptional experience for TREW customers in non-dealer locations and at non-dealer events. The mobile store will have a presence at key industry events such as Teton Gravity Research “Almost Ablaze” movi