Boulder, CO (February 17, 2010) — Outlast Technologies, the leader in temperature regulating technology, announces Wigwam has debuted new and updated outdoor performance sock styles featuring Outlast technology. The new products were introduced at last month’s Outdoor Retailer Winter Market in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Wigwam’s 2010 product launch offers enthusiasts in sport, outdoor and snowsport the opportunity to experience the best of the best in socks. “We like to say that Wigwam has transformed socks into an experience for consumers,” says Robert E. Chesebro Jr., president of Wigwam. “With temperature-regulating Outlast technology, that experience is enhanced with a true comfort add-on technology for our sock ranges.”
NEW 2010 WIGWAM STYLES WITH OUTLAST TECHNOLOGY:
* Weather Right the perfect temperature balanced new boot sock. The combination of wool and Outlast fibers provide comfort in the most demanding conditions. Suggested retail price: $18.00.
* Weather Shield this hiking sock has been updated and improved and is now more efficient than ever. The Outlast temperature regulating technology provides year-round comfort in all types of weather. Suggested retail price: $12.00.
CURRENT WIGWAM STYLES WITH OUTLAST TECHNOLOGY:
* Weather Warrior a boot sock that uses Outlast technology so feet stay dry and comfortable throughout the entire day in all types of weather.
* Snow Cub an advanced ski sock that combines Outlast technology and soft Merino wool to keep feet warm and dry in ski and snowboard boots.
* Snow Fire an updated style ideal for long days in the snow. The combination of Merino wool and Outlast viscose allows the sock to work right along with the body’s physiology so feet are not too hot, not too cold, but just right. Suggested retail price: $21.00.
HOW IT WORKS
Wigwam and Outlast have been partners for the past decade creating performance and outdoor socks that cover everything from hiking to snow sports. Wigwam socks with Outlast technology interact with temperature changes inside your shoes to reduce sweat. Unlike fabric and insulation that trap heat, Outlast fibers within the socks continually absorb excess body heat and release it to offer protection from blisters and superior comfort.
“The outdoor performance sock market is a great place for Outlast technology,” says Greg Roda, president and CEO of Outlast Technologies. “The technology can be applied across different areas within this target and really offers a more comfortable sock throughout the entire day in any season whether skiing, hiking, snowboarding and more.
New and updated styles available March 2010 at participating sporting goods stores. For more information and to find a Wigwam dealer, visit: wigwam.com.
Wigwam Mills, Inc., was founded in 1905 and is located in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. It is an authentic American brand that designs, manufactures and markets the knitwear that America grew up with. For more information, visit www.wigwam.com or e-mail Wigwam at firstname.lastname@example.org. Wigwam Your Personal Best.
ABOUT OUTLAST TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
Outlast Technologies, Inc., a privately held U.S. corporation, is the worldwide leader in developing phase-change materials and applications. As an innovative technology company for the past twenty years, Outlast has launched temperature-regulating technology in apparel, footwear, bedding, packaging and labels, and accessories. Originally developed for NASA, Outlast fibers, fabrics and coatings contain patented microencapsulated phase-change materials called ThermoculesTM, which absorb, store, and relea