2014 edition will help your business make informed, category-specific decision
Knowledge is power, and knowing more about the factors that contributed to the snow sports industry’s most recent $3.6B season will help you make the most of the season ahead. The latest edition of the SIA Snow Sports Market Intelligence Report will be released September 4 and includes a deep look at data from 13/14 covering:
- Crossover data on snowboard, downhill ski, cross country ski, telemark, snowshoe, and backcountry participation with more than 100 other activities including running, cycling and skate.
- A detailed view of retail sales by category – e.g. ski units sold by waist width and snowboard dollars sold by camber
- Regional specialty shop retail sales for SIA’s RetailTRAK™ data produced by Leisure Trends – NPD
- Skier and snowboarder resort visits data from the NSAA Kottke End of Season Study
- The number of snow sports participants from the SIA Participant Study – produced by the Physical Activity Council
- Results of several consumer studies conducted by SIA throughout the season to determine if there are any discernible changes in consumer behavior on the slopes and/or in the marketplace
The Snow Sports Market Intelligence Report gives suppliers, reps, and retailers a comprehensive view of the snow sports market and a detailed view of each category and market channel. It may be used to compare pricing, retail margins, units and dollars volume by channel, regional sales, inventories, and market penetration as well as to provide a backdrop on the industry when seeking initial or additional financing.
“SIA and Leisure Trends Group stay on top of what is going on and make sure we have access to data that supports and addresses current issues so that as an industry we can make intelligent and informed decisions for our businesses,” said Tim Petrick, president of global sales and marketing, K2 Sports.
If you are an SIA member, you will have access to this comprehensive report in late August when SIA sends the download link to all members. Non-members can purchase the Main Market Intelligence Report when it becomes available using the online form.