There is a wealth of information available on SIA’s consumer website Snowlink.com, which can help you get your message out to the consumer. Members can provide content for Snowlink.com by uploading their images to the Gear and Styles on the Snow digital gallery. Retailers can leverage the depth of information on Snowlink.com to help educate customers as well as support marketing campaigns with fresh content. Consumers can find Olympic News, lesson and fitness tips, a resort and store finder, blog feeds from top brands, the latest in snow sports fashion, travel tips, snow reports and so much more.
Here are just a few of the newly updated sections you’ll find on Snowlink.com:
With exciting contenders like Vail CO’s Alpine hopeful Mikaela Shiffrin and Snowboard Team rookie Taylor Gold vying for spots, we’ve been keeping an eye on the latest news to stay up on this ever-evolving drama.
Women’s Ski Jumping makes its Olympic debut in 2014 — Watch as Jessica Jerome makes history with this jump which earned her the first spot on the team. Also, check out Hannah Kearney’s performance at the Visa Freestyle International FIS World Cup at Deer Valley on January 12, watch Faye Gulini and Callan Chythlook-Sifsof’s 3rd place finish in the FIS Snowboard World Cup team snowboardcross in Veysonnaz, Switzerland, and first-ever Olympic Freeskiing Team member Nick Geopper.
Snowlink’s ever popular Gear and Styles on the Snow is back with a searchable brand gallery to easily track down what’s hot on and off the slopes this season. SIA Suppliers, remember to upload your images to Gear & Styles on the Snow if you haven’t already.
Tips from the Pros: Instructional and Safety Advice
There’s no substitute for a lesson from a snow pro, and the Professional Ski Instructors of America and American Association of Snowboard Instructors (PSIA-AASI) have provided some great tips for anyone to improve their skills. There are also safety tips from the National Ski Patrol (NSP) where you can test your “Snow Smarts” with the Safety IQ test.
Retailers, make sure your shop is listed correctly on Snowlink’s store locator — it’s the best place for consumers to enter the product they are searching for and having your shop listed is important; you could be right down the street!
Tech & Trick Tips – Supplied by TransWorld Snowboarding
New to snowboarding, or looking to up your game? TransWorld Snowboarding offers easy-to-follow instructions to get snowboarders to the next level. Tech Tips will help consumers choose a board, figure out their stance, and lead them through the steps of getting set-up safely and easily. Trick Tips will walk snowboarders through the steps of many different tricks, from Front Side Alley Oop to Switch Backside 540.
Quick facts for Retailers about Snowlink.com:
- Make sure your shop is listed correctly on the Snowlink Store Locator (If not, contact HCho@snowsports.org)
- Download the Snowlink Banner for your shop website.
- Visit Snowsports.org/RMG for monthly marketing tips and resources to use with snowlink.com content. You can request a hardcopy of the SIA Retailer to Consumer Marketing Guide by emailing LAuer@snowsports.org
- Get going and explore Snowlink!
Quick facts for Suppliers about Snowlink.com:
- Remember to upload your images to Gear & Styles on the Snow, if you haven’t already. It’s a free Member benefit accessed through the Supplier Dashboard that highlights your product and gains you exposure from consumers and media. Upload your images to the digital gallery today!
- Gear and Styles from the Brand Gallery are pushed out through Snowlink’s Pinterest page and Facebook page (11,000+ followers) – make sure your brand is included!
Reach out with questions anytime about Snowlink.com or the SIA Retailer to Consumer Marketing Guide! Just email Lindsey Auer at LAuer@snowsports.org.