The Snow Sports Market Intelligence Report
Vital Information You Can’t Afford to Ignore
It’s the moment you’ve been waiting all year for: the Snow Sports Market Intelligence Report is finally here. The most comprehensive report on snow sports sales, participation, and overall trends, it offers a behind-the-scenes look at the most recent snow sports season. How much was bought? Which sports are growing? How many people participated? And what does it mean for the future of snow sports in America and beyond?
SIA research offers access to the following two products providing an unprecedented overview of the snow sports industry including:
The Snow Sports Market Intelligence Report
a detailed, all-inclusive report with valuable insight into retail sales and participation trends, weather and more. The report includes numbers of participants, detailed demographic data for the snow sports market, and participant psychographics. The report additionally covers unit sales and dollar sales by channels of specialty, chain and internet with data on inventories, and average prices for each of snow sport categories. The report is accessible as a whole or by individual category chapter (s).
The Category Chapters
The chapters of the Market Intelligence report available are: Downhill Ski, Snowboard, Nordic, Backcountry, Apparel, Apparel Accessories and Equipment Accessories.
Current members of SIA can access all reports at no additional cost. The Non-SIA Member price for the Intelligence Report is $599 which includes the individual Category Chapters ($125 value). Either way, it will be the best investment you make this year.
Market Intelligence Report Focus Areas:
- Women's Specific
- Youth Specific
- Men's Specific
- Downhill Ski
Snow Sports Market Intelligence Report – Total Market
Mid-Season Snow Sports Market Intelligence Report
- Downhill Consumer Intelligence Project Series
- Engaging Gen Y
- Mid-Season Snow Sports Intelligence Report*
- Rental Survey
- SIA Snows Sports Participant Study
- Uniform Survey
"SIA has the most comprehensive data available as far as who is participating and what’s selling in stores."
Mike West President & Creative Director, Westlife Distribution
"The SIA Market & Research data SIA provides is invaluable. I’m such a fan of Kelly Davis; she's done an outstanding job. It’s amazing how she can turn data into an interesting story! Not to mention, how useful it is."
Rhonda Swenson Owner & Designer, Krimson Klover
"We take full advantage of SIA’s research and market data numbers – it’s truly a great resource for our business."
Annelise LoevlieCEO, Icelantic Skis
How to Use The Reports
The Snow Sports Market Intelligence Report is an invaluable resource for anyone building a business plan, sales strategy, marketing campaigns, negotiating credit, developing a budget or just trying to learn about the snow sports business. Questions? Contact SIA's Kelly Davis at KDavis@snowsports.org or 435-657-5155.
- How many people in the U.S. snowboard? How many women participate by income level, by age, by education level?
- Are alpine ski sales increasing in specialty shops over the past four seasons?
- How many high performance alpine boots were sold in specialty shops? Online? In chain stores?
- How many reverse camber snowboards were sold over the past four seasons? Is it a sustainable trend?
- Which categories saw the highest increase in sales this season?
- How many cross country skis sold in the Outdoor market compared to the snow sports market? In which will a customer pay a higher price for their equipment?
- How are consumer trends impacting the snow sports industry?
- Which notable consumer trends are impacting the snow sports market?
Each year, some products are in demand while others experience a decline. Know which products are rising on the charts to optimize your sales.
Audience is Everything
Find out how consumer trends are impacting the snow sports industry. See which age groups are embracing this lifestyle, and which ones still need to be reached.
Thanks to these stats, there’s no reason to hike into the unknown. Understand what’s ahead and prepare accordingly.
Who Wore It Best?
Not all accessories are created equal. See how much of each product was sold, and how that translates to dollars and cents.
Not a Member? No problem.
These reports are easy to read & use…and are perfect for anyone needing an unbiased, comprehensive review of the snow sports industry with current facts and historic information. The reports are ideal for:
- Snow Sports Industry Sales & Marketing Professionals
- Snow Sports Industry Executives
- Snow Sports Industry Media
- Entrepreneurs (writing a business plan or expanding to a new market)
- Investment Banks / Research companies
- Marketing / Advertising companies
Every month we get dozens of calls and e-mail requests for research information from students of all types and at all levels of education. We cannot give you any information for free or help you write a report, but we can offer you a special low price, only $50. This is a tremendous value, considering the depth of the data we provide. To qualify for this price you must enter proof of being a current student. Click the blue “order now” button above and choose the student option to enable the special price. Then provide your current student info.