Each fall, we collect the information and resources to help mid-level and beginner consumers improve their skill level on our consumer website Snowlink.com. Consumers can and safety instructions, lesson and fitness tips, resort and store finder, blog feeds from top brands, the latest in snow sports fashion, vacation tips and so much more. Members can provide content for Snowlink.com by uploading their images to the Gear and Styles on the Snow digital gallery. Retailers can leverage the wealth of information on snowlink.com to help educate customers as well as support marketing campaigns with fresh content.
Here are just a few of the newly updated sections you’ll find on Snowlink.com:
- Kids’ Zone & Goggle Gap
Recently launched, the Goggle Gap Campaign is aimed at educating kids and pre-teens, as well as their parents, with supportive materials that demonstrate correct sizing, fitting and adjustments for helmet and goggle systems in a fun and memorable way. Start here for resources, websites and links to programs that can help get kids interested in snow sports and out on the slopes. Download the Goggle Gap poster for your shop window.
- Gear and Styles on the Snow
Snowlink’s ever popular Gear and Styles on the Snow is back with a searchable brand gallery to easily track down what’s hot on and off the slopes this season. SIA Suppliers, remember to upload your images to Gear & Styles on the Snow if you haven’t already.
- Gear Guides
With all of the tested skis and boards in one place, your customers can browse digital gear guides from SKI, Skiing Magazine, Freeskier Magazine, Powder Magazine, Backcountry Magazine, Ski Prophet, TransWorld SNOWboarding, Snowboard Magazine, and Snowboard Canada!
- Shop Locator
Retailers, make sure your shop is listed correctly on Snowlink’s store locator — it’s the best place for consumers to enter the product they are searching for and having your shop listed is important; you could be right down the street!
- Women on the Snow
This universal women’s section provides the lowdown on girls’ getaways, fitness tips from SBC Women, the latest from Burton Girls blog and fashion feeds from SNOW Magazine.
- Snow Report
Contributed by SnoCountry.com, this snow report breaks down snowfall by state. It’s the perfect place to check out conditions — make a quick and simple Facebook post about your region and new snow you’ve received!
- Make sure your shop is listed correctly on the Snowlink Store Locator (If not, contact HCho@snowsports.org)
- Download the Snowlink Banner for your shop website.
- Visit Snowsports.org/RMG for monthly marketing tips and resources to use with snowlink.com content. You can request a hardcopy of the SIA Retailer to Consumer Marketing Guide by emailing LAuer@snowsports.org
- Get going and explore Snowlink!
Quick facts for Suppliers about Snowlink.com:
- Remember to upload your images to Gear & Styles on the Snow, if you haven’t already. It’s a free Member benefit accessed through the Supplier Dashboard that highlights your product and gains you exposure from consumers and media. Upload your images to the digital gallery today!
- Gear and Styles from the Brand Gallery are pushed out through Snowlink’s Pinterest page and Facebook page (11,000+ followers) – make sure your brand is included!
Reach out with questions anytime about the re-launch of Snowlink.com or the SIA Retailer to Consumer Marketing Guide! Just email Lindsey Auer at LAuer@snowsports.org.