Retailer to Consumer Marketing Guide Addendum
Building Your Business by Building Loyalty
Your customers are looking for genuine, authentic communication, and how you speak is a reflection of your brand’s personality and values. The 2014 addendum lays out the four-step process to building a community of brand advocates: identifying, connecting, and engaging with your customer, ultimately creating content that drives them to purchase. With examples of different personas on various social platforms, we highlight specific tones and voices for new customer acquisition and retention.
Identifying Your Customer
Developing multiple personas means developing multiple perspectives of your business, allowing you to solve and anticipate any issues from different points of view.
Connecting With Your Customer
Creating community of people who care about what your brand has to offer builds sustainable sales streams and your brand.
Engaging With Your Customer
Customers who engage with your business on social media will be at a variety of experience levels. Tailor your voice to appeal to each type of potential customer.
Alternate who you want to target with your social media content, while still staying true to your brand’s overall personality. Connect your customers to the most valuable knowledge you can offer them utilizing original content from resources like Snowlink.com.
Events & Education
Plan events to get customers through your doors and take advantage of this opportunity to educate and build a relationship with each person. By demonstrating the equipment and discussing how different hard and soft goods will enhance their performance, you will build a confident, loyal customer base.
- VIP Sneak-Preview Event: for frequent past customers; after hours. Ensure enough staff to give a customized educational experience to each guest.
- Customer Clinics: a great way for the staff to practice their product tech knowledge and showcase new tech to customers at the same time.
- Bring a Friend Shopping Night: invite customers to introduce a friend to the sport, including discounts, a free clinic and promo gear.
- Family Day!: Set up a weekend where local resorts and travel agents promote their package deals and offer free fitting for children.
- Re-learn to Ski and Snowboard Refresh Clinic: reintroduce lapsed skiers/riders to the exciting recent evolution of tech and in hard and softgoods.