By: Emily O’Hara
Market Research Associate
August 21, 2013
It’s that time of year again! Before we can look forward to winter 2013/2014, we need to take a look at everything that happened last season. The 2012/2013 SIA Snow Sports Market Intelligence Report is the resource for all things snow sports and will provide you with 291 pages of valuable information to help you better understand the industry. The report will be released this Thursday July 27th, but before you dive in, here’s a taste of what you’ll find in the 2012/2013 Intelligence Report.
- 2012/2013 was a $3.4B season, up 3%.
- Action cameras are up 50% to over 123,000 units sold.
- California and New York are the states with the most snow sports participants.
- Alpine ski equipment represented 60% of all 2012/2013 dollars sold.
- Snow sports apparel is the largest category for the industry with $1.5B sold.
- Snowboard participation dropped 3%, but the average rider was more active this year and spent 11 days on the mountain vs. 8 days in 2011/2012.
Keep an eye on your inboxes this Thursday, August 27th to download this year’s Market Intelligence Report, which is FREE to members and $425 for non-members.