June 19, 2012
Washington, DC (June 18, 2012) — Last week, a task force comprised of snow sports industry representatives met in Denver, Colorado to discuss and approve plans for a new trade show entitled Sourcing Snow, member-owned by the textile and material suppliers. In-conjunction with the 2013 SIA Snow Show, the show will be held in the Colorado Convention Center’s Mile High Ballroom from January 30 – February 1, 2013. Sourcing Snow will showcase companies that manufacture materials and components essential to hundreds of snow sports brands.
“The dedication and commitment of SIA to its members is quite impressive. SIA has listened closely to the request for sourcing availability at the SIA Snow Show in Denver and has responded with a scenario that is not only smart, but takes into consideration the challenges and needs of its members to have the opportunity to work with their supply chain. The wisdom of the organization to have the sourcing area open a day early and only run for 3 days shows an inherent understanding of the needs of the entire snow sports industry,” said Tom Weinbender, President, Schoeller Textil USA, Inc.
Task Force Members included:
- Eileen Berner, PrimaLoft
- Wendy Carey, Seirus Innovation
- Chris Castagno, Cocona Inc
- Jose Fernandez, Global Merino
- Julie Garry, AFRC- Outdoor Gear, Inc.
- Ray Hindle, Youngone Corporation
- Diane O’Connor, PrimaLoft
- Chris Parkes, Concept III Textiles International
- Nate Simmons, Polartec LLC
- Joann Smith, Spyder Active Sports Inc.
- Mary Smith, DURAFLEX
- Tom Weinbender, Schoeller Textil USA, Inc.
- Robert Yturri, Sport Obermeyer Ltd.
“As a textile manufacturer, we’ve been hoping an event such as Sourcing Snow could be developed around the SIA Snow Show – it just makes so much sense with all the ski and snowboard outerwear companies we work with each year,” commented Chris Parkes, national sales manager, Concept III Textiles.
Read More Here