Emily O’Hara releases a few statistics from the Women’s Report coming out later this evening.
- Alpine equipment still dominates the women’s equipment category, making up 68% of their equipment purchases; second to alpine is snowboard with 27% of equipment sales.
- Women’s snow sports products sold over $940 million in the 2010/2011 season.
- Snowshoeing has the highest percentage of women participants with 46% to men’s 54%.
- The majority of female alpine skiers are between the ages of 25 and 34 (20.5%).
- Women seek out all mountain snowboards. This season they sold 43,297 units – 54% more than freestyle snowboards.
- Thirty-four percent of women cross country skiers report household incomes of $100K or more.