The SportsOneSource Group is pleased to announce the honorees for the fourth annual SGB 40 Under 40 Awards. This year’s list again contains individuals from all corners of the sporting good industry who are recognized as leaders making a difference in their businesses and the market. The forty recipients were selected by a panel of SportsOneSource analysts, editors and industry executives from more than 450 nominations received from around the sporting goods industry.
“These awards are a way to recognize the great work done by younger leaders in our industry,” said James Hartford, president, CEO of The SportsOneSource Group, which publishes the SGB trade publication. “The extraordinary and diverse talent nominated this year made it difficult to narrow the list to just forty people. We drew very strong support from prior honorees and other industry leaders to select a prestigious group of individuals and it is our pleasure to honor the next generation of leaders.”
The SGB 40 Under 40 Awards event will be held in Chicago, IL June 24-26 and is open to other industry professionals, friends and peers to help honor the recipients.
The 2011 Honorees of the SGB 40 Under 40 Awards are:
- Nate Alder, CEO, Klymit
- Jeremy Andrus, President, Skullcandy, Inc.
- Tripp Baird, Founding Principal and Director, Partnership Capital Growth
- Varetta Banks, Buyer of Kids Footwear, Hibbett Sports
- Jed Berger, Senior Vice President Marketing, Modell’s Sporting Goods
- Willy Booker, President, Nordica USA
- Linda Brunzell, VP International, Wolverine World Wide
- Kimberley Cayce, CEO, KALYX Technologies
- Steve Cuthbert, VP Sales, Polartec LLC.
- Kelly Dachtler, Co-President/Chief Communications Officer, The Clymb
- Hoby Darling, VP Strategic Development, Volcom
- Peter Davis, Director of Corporate Alliances, NCAA
- Martin Dean, Founder & Creative Director, Cushe Footwear
- Keith Duplain, General Manager, Dr. Scholl’s Footwear, Brown Shoe Co.
- Elizabeth Earley, Co-Founder, Tifosi Optics
- Robert Farinholt, Principal, D.A. Davidson & Co.
- Chris Farley, Owner, Pacers Running Stores
- Vincent Ferrara, Founder and CEO, Xenith
- Ronnie Fieg, David Z. Designer & Buyer, David Z
- Brian Frank, President & Co-Founder, Rampage Sports Group
- Joel Heath, Global Marketing Director, Deckers Outdoor Corp.
- Jonathan Hirshberg, President, JR286
- Robert Hough, Regional Manager of Loss Prevention, Audit Firearms Compliance, Dunham’s Sports
- Todd Kirssin, Head Buyer of Footwear, DTLR
- Tim Knowlton, VP Field Sales, Saucony
- Michael Martin, VP Sales Vibram FiveFingers, Vibram USA
- Carie McAuliffe, Senior Licensing Manager, Reebok Brand, adidas Group
- Jason McGibbon, U.S. Sales Manager, Mountain Hardwear
- Peter Messana, CEO, Austin Canoe and Kayak
- Melanie Mitchell, President, Poppy Sports
- Chris Pappas, National Sales Manager, GRABBER
- Robert Philion, President, COBRA-PUMA GOLF
- Jesse Porter, Regional Sales Manager, Specialized Bicycle Components
- Lance Richardson, VP Business Development, Arc’teryx Equipment
- Darren Rovell, Sports Business Reporter, CNBC
- David Schultz, VP Sales, Sport and Military, Timex
- Marc Simon, Group Sales Director, PGA Merchandise Show
- Lisa Thompson, President of North America Operations, Icebreaker
- Craig Vanderoef, Global Apparel, adidas AG
- Rob Will, VP/DMM, The Sports Authority
For more information go to www.sgb40under40.com