January 30, 2013
JOIN US AT THE COLORADO CONVENTION CENTER, FEBRUARY 1, 2013, 11-7, IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SIA SNOW SHOW
What began as a mid-winter confab for MTRiP subscribers has quickly morphed into The ASSEMBLY, a one- day gathering of stakeholders in year-round mountain tourism and the economic foundation upon which the industry’s future will be constructed. The agenda is designed to provide “what you ought to know…” in order to better market and operate a mountain resort or related tourism-dependent business. Presentations will be developed and led by recognized industry leaders, using an interactive format and participation from among more than 40 Affiliate Partners. Part fact base, part roundtable, The ASSEMBLY is a unique approach to data-based decision-making in a collaborative environment. The future ‑ we think – is outside the box of historical convention, and so is The ASSEMBLY.
MTRiP Subscribers and invited guests of the Affiliated Partners are being invited to attend, sitting in in on the discussion in “listen-only” mode from the audience. Participation is limited, subject to available space.
AGENDA: Feb. 1, 2013 at the Colorado Convention Center
- 11:00 a.m. Mid-Winter Market Update/Seasonal Assessment: The 2012-13 winter season will be the subject of a 360-degree assessment, including a mid-season update, outlook-forecast for season’s end, and observations about lessons and legacies. The result; an informed summation from which strategic decisions can be made about current year outcomes and future season planning. Presentations from senior research analysts at MTRiP, RRC Associates and Snow Sports Industries of America (SIA) will be followed by interpretation and insights from Melanie Mills, President & CEO of Colorado Ski Country, Nathan Rafferty, President & CEO of Ski Utah and Michael Berry, President of the National Ski Areas Association (NSAA).
- II. 12:15 p.m. SIA Snow Show: Included is a rare one-day badge to the Snow Show- the world’s largest alpine equipment and apparel trade show featuring the suppliers of the ‘toys’ that power our shared passion for mountain travel. Note: This is the primary equipment-apparel buying show for the winter sports industry and participants are completely focused on conducting business, so please attend only as an observer. Lunch on your own from several choices on the show floor.
- III. 2:30 p.m. The Foundation for the Future: Part situation assessment, part S.W.O.T. analysis, presenters from Affiliate Partners will look beyond the 2012-13 season and present strategic building blocks for next year’s planning. These individuals will address “what you ought to know…” as a foundation for developing your plan, followed by a roundtable discussion among Affiliate Partners. Moderator: Nate Fristoe, RRC Associates. Wrap-up by Bill Jensen of Intrawest.
- 4:15 p.m. Destination Summer- Key to Diversification: Once the off-season for many mountain towns, we must now acknowledge destination mountain-summer in its own right. This discussion will present a fact base, highlight opportunities and showcase examples that are leading the way for diversification of the mountain economy. The format; a sequential mini-case study presentation, providing outstanding examples and anecdotal discussions from Affiliate Partners. Moderator: Ralf Garrison, MTRiP. Wrap-up by Al White of Colorado Tourism Office.
- V. 5:30 p.m. Networking Reception: To end the day, we will host a networking reception with “so, now what…” conversation, best addressed with an adult beverage.
Pricing: An event registration fee will be charged on a per person basis to help offset event costs:
- Early Registration: $150/pp, through Jan. 18,
- Registration: $200/pp, through Jan. 31 /$250 thereafter and at the door
- Affiliate Partner Group Rate (10+pp): $100/person, if booked by Jan. 18.