Join SIA's Trade Mission To China
September 16-19, 2018
. Are you a US-headquartered supplier interested in selling your products in China? Join us for the inaugural SIA Educational Trade Mission to Beijing, to learn about the development of winter sports and the market for winter products in China.
It is estimated that the total market size of the winter sports industry in China will reach $87 billion by 2020!
If you're a US-based business exploring expansion in China, please join us on the valuable trip.
Why You Should Attend:
- on China’s winter sports landscape, including resort, retail and e-commerce
- Welcome reception hosted by the US Ambassador to China at the Ambassador’s residence, network with local US embassy staff and industry VIP's
Cost Per Person: (must have a minimum 12 people total for the trip)
$1,500 for SIA members
$3,000 for non-SIA members
Price includes: presentations, transportation to/from presentations, translation, two dinners, one reception and one lunch. Lodging, airport transportation and other meals/alcohol not included.
Must register with a non-refundable $750 deposit no later than July 1. Second payment will be due August 1.
A lodging block will be provided at a 5-star western hotel with rooms rate at approximately 1300CNY/night per single occupancy (approx. US$204) including breakfast.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY! DEADLINE IS JUNE 30
Download this form and email to email@example.com or call (435)-657-5140
Sept 16 (Sunday)
Arrivals in Beijing
Sept 17 (Monday)
Presentation at US Embassy
Overview of China’s economy and the state of winter sports/winter products in China
- China market overview across a number of industries including trade issues
- Review of tariff rates for salient winter products
- Overview on winter specific initiatives in China
- Intellectual property regime in China
- How to protect your IPR in China
Visit Beijing Olympic Committee
Visit Cold Mountain (Specialty Retail Stores + E-commerce)
- Meet and greet with company leadership
- Discuss retail landscape and the winter consumer
Dinner With Chinese Investors
- Chinese investment in winter sports manufacturers in China and abroad
- What investors are looking for
Sept 18 (Tuesday)
Ski Resort Owners Panel Discussion
- Development of the ski industry in China
- Current customer profiles
- Hard goods/softgoods rent vs. buy
- Product distribution in China
E-commerce Panel Discussion
- Online retail landscape in China
- The Chinese consumer: buying habits, trends, etc.
- Sale of winter product online
Presentation by Panel of Retailers/Distributors
- Retail/distribution landscape
- Challenges and opportunities
- Growth in last 5-10 years
- Consumer trends
International Manufacturers In China Panel Discussion
- What is it like to be a brand in China?
- Cultural/consumer sensitivities
- Insights on the winter sports landscape/community
- The retail landscape
Welcome Reception Hosted by US Ambassador to China at Ambassador’s Residence
Sept 19 (Wednesday)
Visit World Winter Sports Exposition
Tour Beijing Olympic Forest JF Dry Slope
Visit Secoo, Online Luxury Retailer Brick and Mortar Store
- Online luxury retail landscape in China
- The high end Chinese consumer: buying habits, trends, etc.
- The importance of “experiences”
Sept 20 (Thursday)
Departures or optional trip to Great Wall & Local Ski Resort
*Schedule subject to modification