Join SIA's Trade Missions To China:
December 8-14, 2019 & March 1-7, 2020
SIA wants to help you tap into the Chinese market. Are you a US-headquartered winter/outdoor business interested in learning about the Chinese market? Join us on an SIA Educational Trade Mission to learn about the developing winter sports market in China.
China’s central government has announced plans to “create” 300 million new winter sports enthusiasts out of the country’s billion-plus population before 2022.
It is estimated that the total market size of the winter sports industry in China will reach $87 billion by 2020!
As the host of the 2022 Winter Olympics and a rapidly developing winter market, China offers significant opportunities for companies in the winter industry.
To help U.S. companies capitalize on these opportunities, SIA, in conjunction with the U.S. Commercial Service (USCS) of the U.S. Embassy in Beijing and the U.S. Consulate in Shenyang, are pleased to offer this opportunity to learn more about the Chinese winter market. US companies will learn about developments in the Chinese winter market from US officials; meet one-on-one with Chinese resort owners, retailers and distributors; visit local specialty retail; gain a better understanding of the luxury market; see consumers participating in winter sports on and off snow; and experience local winter resorts and dry slopes first-hand in Beijing, Chongli and Jilin.
Whether you're a US-based supplier, resort, retailer or other business exploring expansion in China, or simply want a better understanding of the Chinese winter sports market, please join us on one of these valuable trips.
Why You Should Attend:
- If you're thinking about doing business in China, this program will provide you with critically useful insights into business opportunities and the Chinese snow sports landscape
- Visit with local specialty and high-end luxury retail to get a sense of what’s selling and who is buying
- Meet local experts on China’s winter sports landscape, including resort, retail, distribution, IP and e-commerce, including contacts at the US Embassy/US Consulate
- Take runs at some of China’s most popular ski resorts and dry slopes
- Welcome reception hosted by the US Ambassador to China at the Ambassador’s residence, network with local US embassy staff and industry VIP's
Trade Mission Details:
SIA will be leading two separate trade missions to China this winter season:
Trade Mission #1: December 8-14, 2019
- 3 days in Beijing, 1.5 days in Chongli (host of 2022 Winter Olympics)
- Meet retailers, distributors, resort management
- Visit specialty and luxury retail
- Explore Beijing based (non-snow) snow sports experiences
- Tour three popular ski resorts in Chongli (take runs, snow permitting), learn about resort rental and retail
- Meet with representatives of the US embassy
- Dinner at the Ambassador’s house
Trade Mission #2: March 1-7, 2020
- 3 days in Chongli, 2 days in Jilin
- Ski at 6 of China’s most popular resorts
- Learn about resort rental and retail
- Tour resorts and see China’s winter sports consumers in action
- Meet with representatives of the US consulate
Any US-based winter/outdoor businesses are welcome to attend. However, space is limited to 18 people per trip and participation will be based on first come first served.
Must be an SIA member or join SIA to attend.
Cost is $3050 per person for each trip. Cost does not include airfare, lodging in Beijing, alcohol and limited meals
Must register with a non-refundable $750 deposit no later than September 15, 2019.
A lodging block will be provided at a 5-star western hotel with rooms rate at approximately 1300CNY/night per single occupancy (approx. US$200) including breakfast.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY!
Please contact Maria McNulty: email@example.com or call (435)-655-5570