We are getting ready to release the 2015 SIA Snow Sports Market Intelligence Report. In an effort to give you sneak peek – take a look below at some key findings, participation data, retail stats and more.
The Snow Sports Market Intelligence Report offers a compilation of research from a number of snow sports industry studies including the SIA Participant Study and NSAA’s Kottke End of Season Report. It includes detailed snow sports participation data, retail sales tracking for snow sports equipment, apparel and accessories, ski area visits, business trends, demographics, merchandise distribution , regional stats, weather patterns and more!
It is undeniably, the most comprehensive and valuable snow sports reference tool available to snow sports industry professionals; perfect for presentations, writing business plans, research and overall industry knowledge. This report is published annually by SnowSports Industries America (SIA) before the start of each snow sport season, and SIA is thrilled to announce its upcoming release!
Here are a few key 2014/2015 season data highlights – giving you a sneak peek into the wealth of industry knowledge this report offers.
- – Snow Sports market sales totaled $4.5B for the 2014/15 up 2% compared to the 2013/14 season.
- – Digital cameras continued a sharp upward trend with $55M in sales, up 10% compared to 2013/14 – doubling in sales over the past four seasons.
- – Outwear sales were up 11% online to $487M—representing nearly half of all snow sports internet sales.
- – Sales of women’s specific products were up 5% in dollars sold to $1.4B (31% of total sales) this season. In addition, women make 80% and influence 95% of all household spending decisions.
– Overall, the participant base in Snowboard grew from 7.3M to 7.6M with pronounced growth (16%) in the 17 & under age group.
- – About 5% of the U.S. Population Participates in snow sports. Participants are young, and most of them are not core.
Every season we release The State of the Industry Videos covering the Snow Sports Market Intelligence Report to give you visually-pleasing (or so we think) breakdown of the data provided in the report. Get a glimpse of what’s ahead in the 2015 SIA State of the Industry Trailer.
2015 State of the Industry Trailer from SnowSports Industries America on Vimeo.
COMING SOON: Snowboard State of the Industry, Ski State of the Industry & Cross Country State of the Industry.